The final ingredient for your Infusionsoft Secret Sauce, is the blending of scarcity, intelligence, deliverables that meet the objectives of your customer and unique benefits. After this final article, you will have built your automated relationship marketing machine, in such a way that your offer appeals to the marketplace, which you have determined has a problem that you can solve in such a manner that it meets your customers goals and objectives.
What ingredients are needed to make the Infusionsoft Secret Sauce?
In the prior six parts we asked you to define, develop and create the following:
- Your target customer. Who is your Perfect Customer? What are their goals and characteristics? What answers do they want or need?
- Customer pains and problems. Your customer’s pains and problems help us understand the messages we need to use. At what point does the pain of the problem become so great that they need to seek relief?
- Tactics to use. Learn the difference between strategy and tactics. Most of us focus on tactics and alternative between tactics without a clearly defined strategy or target. The tactics we need to use will be evident once we identify our Perfect Customer.
- Customer state of mind before and after your statement of value. What is your customer’s state before they have or use your product? How does your product change this state?
- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Review your accomplishments, lessons learned, where you can improve and what you are good at. Then you will know what external elements exist that you need to be cautious of or can exploit.
- Positioning statement. What is your elevator speech? A good positioning statement will qualify and disqualify products. It should make your prospect either ask, “what does this mean?” or nothing at all.
What is the Infusionsoft Secret Sauce? First, let us make sure we have an understanding.
Strategic planning is an organization’s process of defining its direction and making decisions on allocating its various resources to pursue this strategy to achieve the company’s stated mission and vision. It is absolutely imperative that you understand and can articulate your plan, vision and position statement effectively and with fire in your gut.
The secret sauce to successful use of Infusionsoft, or any other SaaS automated marketing platform, does not contain tactical marketing knowledge as its key ingredient. The most successful users of Infusionsoft are smart digital marketers that have a defined strategy. They do not start with a bunch of widgets, gadgets, plugins, API or other integration tools in order to succeed at digital marketing. They start with strategy, not with tactics!
Here is how you avoid paying tens of thousands of dollars going to seminars, live events, paid webinars and corporate universities in order to be successful with digital marketing while using Infusionsoft as one of your tools. We aren’t your standard tech geeks; rather than forcing technology to be a solution to every problem, we apply our outstanding knowledge and sales processes to the technology that’s available to us. This makes for much more effective, streamlined marketing campaigns.
How do you use this information in Infusionsoft to advance the effectiveness of your business?
- You build or modify your core offer so that it addresses your defined avatar’s problems. Furthermore, before you ever market your offer you make sure a test audience actually needs it and will pay for it! You can have the greatest idea ever and yes remain unable to get anyone to pay for it.
- You write sales copy for landing pages, blogs and email/social media posts that uses the language your perfect prospective customer would look for. To the point that when they read such, they think to themselves – they get me!
- You create videos, podcasts, e-book/white papers, live events and other deliverables that give away the information that helps your perfect client solve their problem without you by using lead generation pop-ups and free offers.
- You build the processes so that you can splinter your core offer into small parts so you can create trip wires. Here is where you try to change the psychology of your prospect into that of a customer.
- You build the system so that you deliver your core offer quickly, effectively, efficiently and without delay so that your customer is not just satisfied, but very happy they found you.
- You exceed expectations by following up with products or services that exceed your customers expectations and maximize your profit.
- You continue to educate, nurture and promote a valid reason to return to do business with you over and over again.
What does this have to do with Infusionsoft?
Those who have perfected their home brewed Infusionsoft secret sauce never under estimate the psychology of a perfect prospective buyer. Effective and efficient use of Infusionsoft, as with many other similar platforms, requires an understanding of how your customer migrates through your funnel. In Infusionsoft you will be building campaigns that process your prospect through a funnel from a site visit, to a lead magnet opt in, to trip wire, to core offer and upward to your profit maximizer.
Infusionsoft delivers your message. That message needs to be delivered to the right target, at the right time, with the right tone and have the reader feel like you are the best solution to help them achieve their objectives.
Infusionsoft helps you deliver a new product, a new service or a message about your startup. How can you effectively and efficiently educate and nurture your Infusionsoft list without all of the above target market knowledge? How can Infusionsoft do that without having all its components tuned to drive your machine? It cannot!
In order to achieve the status of digital marketing excellence, by using Infusionsoft or any other marketing automation software as one of your tools, you need to assess your views, your actions, your ability to execute on a strategic plan. Digital marketing excellence with Infusionsoft requires a digital strategy that is measurable, actionable, customized to your business plan and has a high impact on your overall success – online and off.
Infusionsoft, as well as any other all-in-one marketing automation software, is only a tool for your business. The information you put in it, how you maintain it, what you deliver with it and how you measure what it does for you is not just the tool itself. To use Infusionsoft like a pro requires a well defined marketing strategy, well trained users in operational management and process designers that get your business model.
Rather than forcing technology to be a solution to every problem, Infusionsoft experts apply their outstanding knowledge and sales processes to the technology that’s available to them. This makes for much more effective, streamlined marketing campaigns. This enables you to nurture and educate a qualified prospect. This enables you to reload with high quality traffic that will convert at a satisfactory and profitable pace.
Together this process, your integrated systems, will make a difference in the lives of those who need YOU!
We know you have bigger issues, but we also know that the best weapon in your sales & marketing arsenal, can help you be more sustainable.
The commitment of time and resources that is necessary at the outset can leave many business owners frustrated or exhausted. We’ve experienced this ourselves in our own business operations, so we know just how unpleasant it is and how it can come close to crushing the motivation you had that led you to start the business in the first place.
This is why being methodical, systematic and strategic is the secret to using Infusionsoft to help run your business better than you can on your own.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again. We believe that Infusionsoft is one of the best tools to help you do that. However, and I cannot say this enough, it is only a tool! You have to tell it what to do, what to ask, whom to ask, how to deliver and when to inform you to take action. It is not plug and play!
Reference Links for Infusionsoft Secret Sauce Articles:
- Defining Your Target Market
- Pain Problem Solution
- Online Buyer Psychology
- Determining Your Advantage
- Crafting a Position Statement
- Digital Marketing Excellence
- Automated Relationship Marketing
Thomas von Ahn
Chief Elephant Slayer for Viral Solutions LLC
“Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful
men and women keep moving. They make mistakes but they
don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton