Why Early Bed Times Improve Productivity
We know that one of the biggest struggles entrepreneurs face on a daily basis is having enough time in the day to get all their work done. However, there eventually comes a point where you have to be able to say “enough is enough,” stop thinking about work and get to sleep.
For some, the prospect of an early bed time might seem impossible or even irresponsible. However, there are numerous benefits for productivity that come from taking an early bed time. These include:
• Better information retention. The amount and qualify of sleep you get plays a big role in your ability to learn and retain new information. If you are sleep deprived, you will have a lack of focus, attention and functional memory, which means you might need to repeat reading or tasks a few times to really “get it.” This is a big waste of time.
• Better mood. Lack of sleep has a correlation with greater irritability and a stronger chance of mood swings. In the long run, getting too little
sleep could lead to depression and anxiety.
• Less chance of costly mistakes. The lack of concentration you experience while operating on too little sleep makes it more likely you will make mistakes, some of which could be costly or, depending on the type of work you do, dangerous.
• Better judgment. Sleep deprivation leads to impaired judgment. One study from a scientific journal revealed that people who were sleep deprived struggled when it came to resolving moral dilemmas in their work, and that they had a much slower response time when making these decisions.
• Better health. A lack of sleep is linked to numerous health problems, including cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and strokes. People who do not get as much sleep also have a shorter life expectancy as those who regularly get the recommended amount.
• Better stress management. People who are exhausted and stressed are significantly more likely to have a breakdown than those who manage to get enough sleep.
It’s simply a good business decision — get enough sleep! You only have one body, so treat it right. Your health and sanity should always be your top priority.
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.