What We Know About Mobile Marketing in 2015
With the rapidly evolving nature of the mobile industry, sometimes it’s important for us to step back, take a breath and evaluate what we know to be true about the industry as it exists and how that affects our marketing plans.
Here are a few things that we know about mobile marketing in 2015, and some things that we can infer about it in coming years:
• Mobile is now for everyone. In past years, mobile marketing was mostly geared toward a smaller subset of people, generally adults with some money that were likely to be involved in
the business world. But today, thanks to the rise of smart phones, mobile marketing is for everyone, from young teenagers to retired adults. This means that marketers have much more room for creativity with their messages and targeting than ever before.
• Mobile is the usage leader now, and it’s only going to get bigger. The last several years have seen a consistent rise in the percentage of people who primarily browse the internet through mobile websites and apps. People are also doing most of their communications on mobile phones through texting, calling or messaging apps. That trend isn’t going to change any time soon.
• Mobile is the leader in conversions as well. About 80 percent of the conversions that happen on smartphones occur within a period of about five hours. This is a much faster rate than any other platform. This is likely because of the ways that people use mobile searches.
• Mobile is cost efficient. Text messaging, push notifications, mobile app management and more are all extremely cost-effective tools that can help you reach out to a wider pool of customers. It has the potential to produce higher rates of returns for your advertising campaign at a low cost.
• Mobile messages are more likely to be opened. Your brand can get higher exposure through mobile marketing because people are much more likely to open text messages or push notifications than they are other forms of marketing messages.
That’s what we know today, and most of that is unlikely to change any time soon. Now is the time to begin your mobile marketing automation campaign, so reach out to Viral Solutions today!
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.