Over the last few years, we’ve seen a veritable explosion of users opting to browse the web and perform other tasks on mobile devices. Within the past year and a half, we’ve even seen the amount of mobile web users surpass the amount of desktop users for the first time ever.
So what are mobile usage statistics looking like at the beginning of 2015? Here’s some information you might find interesting:
- 9 billion: the approximate number of people using mobile devices to access the internet. That number is approximately 1.75 billion for desktop users.
- The most popular devices for browsing the internet are, in order: PCs and laptops (91 percent), smart phones (80 percent), tablets (47 percent) and gaming consoles (37 percent).
- Statistics continue to indicate that multi-platform use for online retail continues to grow. As of July, more users than ever before are doing online shopping on both desktop and mobile devices.
- 48 percent of all users start searching for product information through search engines. Additional information indicates that 60 percent of all searches on search engines are performed with the use of mobile devices, the highest number to date.
- As of the 4th quarter of 2013, men were spending 29 hours and 32 minutes on average per month on mobile apps, and women were spending 30 hours and 58 minutes on those platforms per month.
- For mobile web use, men were spending 3 hours and 45 minutes on average per month using mobile browsers, and women were spending 3 hours and 46 minutes on average.\
- The highest conversion rates in Q4 of 2014 came on iPads, Kindle Fires and other tablet devices.
All of these statistics continue to show the growing importance of mobile use and, in turn, mobile marketing. Highly targeted use of mobile apps and marketing strategies can have a huge impact on your business’s ability to find success.
For more information about mobile marketing automation and to get started with creating your strategy, speak to the team at Viral Solutions today.
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer