Much has been made about the importance of creating a good relationship with your customers or clients. But once you’ve established that relationship, how can you make sure that you’re maintaining it in an effective, healthy way?
The best way to do this is to keep in touch with them on a consistent basis. Here are some tips for how you can do exactly that:
- Use alerts to remind you to stay in touch. There are a lot of web and mobile apps available to help you to keep track of your customers. Simply pick one of these tools and set up an alert for the name, company and a few topics of interest for the person you’d like to stay in touch with. You can establish alerts at regular time intervals to remind you to check in with this person and see how they’re doing.
- Write recommendations. Write reviews or testimonials on a customer or client’s web site or on Google Reviews, or consider jumping in and completing a LinkedIn recommendation on behalf of the person. It will show them that you are thinking about them and that you value them as a customer or client.
- Share their content. If you do a lot of B2B work, consider sharing content from your business customers on social media. It will give them a little extra boost in their exposure and will make them more likely to return the favor. It will also show them that you appreciate their work and their patronage.
- Give gifts. Do something nice for your customers. Send them a gift or a card on their birthday, offer them special promotions or establish a loyalty program. There’s an endless list of things that you can give to show your appreciation and let your customers know that you’re thinking about them.
- Ask for input. Feel free to ask your customers how you can improve your products or services, and ask them to give reviews of your company on review sites or to write a testimonial for your website. If you have succeeded in maintaining a strong relationship, your customers will be more likely to oblige.
Remember: maintaining great business relationships is every bit as important to creating them. Keep in touch with your customers and continue to build brand loyalty.
Copyright 2014 Viral Solutions LLC