If you are selling a product or service on your website, you need to employ a content marketing strategy that allows you to cut through the messaging put forth by your competition. But before you focus on creating regular blogs or determining the perfect AdWords advertisement, you must have certain generic information about your business on your main page that will convince people to purchase from you.
Here are examples of these must-have sections of content for your eCommerce site:
- Shipping information: Shipping is one of the key factors in purchase decisions for many shoppers, and yet there are so many businesses that fail to put appropriately detailed shipping information on their website. Customers will get extremely frustrated if they go through the entire process of putting an item in their cart and going to check out, only to discover that you do not ship to their location or it costs more than they expected. Have clear shipping information on your site, displayed in an easy-to-read manner, is important for creating informed and satisfied customers.
- Special offers: Create an entirely separate section to give visitors to your site quick access to any sales or special offers you have. These promotions are another main driver of sales, so they should be easily accessible.
- Payment options: According to a study from Mobile Marketing Magazine, up to 28 percent of customers will decide against a purchase if you do not accept their preferred payment method. If it is not feasible to offer all major payment methods, you should be able to use content to clearly display what payment forms you do This transparency will avoid unpleasant surprises for customers and allow them to adjust their purchase accordingly rather than abandoning it altogether.
- Frequently asked questions: Having an FAQ section on your site is important, as the vast majority of customers prefer searching for information themselves than having to contact a customer service representative. An FAQ section is a chance to provide some additional key information that might not fit in other sections of your site, while also building on your SEO.
- Returns policy: Having your returns policy clearly printed on your site once again serves to avoid unpleasant surprises for customers who make a purchase. A clear returns policy could help customers who are on the fence about purchasing from you to decide to give you a chance.
All of this content should be clearly visible on the main section of your site. For more tips about the basic forms of necessary content for an eCommerce site, contact us at Viral Solutions.
Queen of the Machine for Viral Solutions LLC
“If a brand genuinely wants to make a social contribution, it should start with who they are, not what they do. For only when a brand has defined itself and its core values can it identify causes or social responsibility initiatives that are in alignment with its authentic brand story.” ~ Simon Mainwaring