Just because you’re a small business on a limited budget doesn’t mean you have to look like one.
There are plenty of ways that you can make your small business look and feel big so that you can impress potential customers and set yourself up for greater success.
Here are some tips on how to do exactly that:
- Put a lot of effort into your website. Your website is the front door of your business, especially in an age where online marketing and sales are more important than ever before. Therefore, you shouldn’t pinch pennies when it comes to making an attractive, functional site. A clever, attractive, highly functional and engaging website is one of the best investments you can make as a young, small business.
- Sell your products on your site. While a lot of businesses start by selling their products on Etsy or Amazon, you can instantly gain some credibility in the eyes of your customers by selling your products directly on your website. Add a sales portal and make sure it’s secured so that your web users will feel comfortable purchasing directly from you. This will also improve your sales margins, as you won’t have to give up a cut to whoever’s hosting your business.
- Have company email addresses. It just looks so much more professional to have email addresses for your business domain than to have everyone in your company use a free email address. You can also have multiple addresses for the various facets of your company (customer service, sales, media, etc.) and simply have them all go to the same two or three people while your company is still small.
- Work with larger companies. Pair up with larger companies for various events, charities and more to get noticed by other people within your industry. Then, make sure that people know about it! Send out press releases about the partnership and make blog posts on your website.
- Get media attention. Whenever you feel there’s something newsworthy about your business, send out press releases or reach out to local media sources to be featured in their publications. This kind of press can only help a small, growing business.
By getting into these types of habits early on, they will feel like routine by the time your company is actually a big one. Contact us today at Viral Solutions for more tips.
Copyright 2014 Viral Solutions LLC