How to Overcome a Creative Block
Exercising your creativity is one of the most fundamentally important parts of being an entrepreneur. But even those people who are particularly adept at thinking outside of the box occasionally suffer from creative blocks.
So when this happens to you, how can you overcome the block and get your creativity back?
Here are a few tips:
- Get a change of scenery. Don’t feel like you have to be sitting in your office or designated workspace for your creativity to click. If you feel like you’re getting nowhere, get up and walk around. Sit outside, go to a coffee shop, take a break. Your brain might just need a short period of relocation to refresh itself.
- Get some exercise. Lots of people find they get some of their best thinking done while on a run, a bike ride or a long walk. It’s important to be getting enough exercise anyway, but you can also think of it as a time to exercise your brain rather than juts your body.
- Be prepared for inspiration to strike at any time. Creative thinkers often find themselves coming up with ideas at random times throughout the day, even in the middle of the night. When inspiration strikes, write down your idea in detail so you can go back to it later and flesh it out even more. You don’t want your great ideas to slip away from you simply because you weren’t ready for them when they hit.
- Think from a different perspective. Many times the creative blocks we encounter are set by our own previous experiences. If you can remove yourself from your own box and start thinking from another person’s perspective, you can overcome those blocks much more easily. You might even consider asking other people for ideas or input.
- Sleep well. It’s hard for the brain to operate at its highest levels when it’s spending all its energy just on trying to stay awake. Make sure you’re constantly getting enough sleep so your mind and body start every day feeling completely rejuvenated.
Get in touch with us at Viral Solutions today for more information about how to kick start your creative mindset.
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC