As a new entrepreneur and the owner of your small business, it’s completely understandable that you still have some element of a fear of failure. You may have taken the initial plunge by actually getting the business started in the first place, but growing that business is an occasionally frightening task.
So as you seek to grow your business (and yourself as an entrepreneur), how do you deal with that fear of failure? Here are a few tips:
- Accept that you are going to fail. Just as in the stages of loss, the first step is acceptance. Accept that failure is going to happen, and it’s going to happen in all sizes. You probably fear the unknown nature of what’s going to happen with your business, but if you accept right off the bat that you are going to fail (at least to an extent), you’ll find yourself much more uninhibited. Of course, you should keep in mind that failure doesn’t necessarily mean your entire business is going to go under, or that all of your failures are a bad thing. Instead, it’s a way to find the best road to success.
- Figure out why you’re afraid. There are likely to be specific things about your business that make you nervous. You might be nervous about failure in social media marketing, or meeting deadlines. Once you’ve pinpointed why you’re afraid, it’s much easier to address the issues.
- Maintain consistent goals. Even when you do fail, it’s important that you continue to shoot for the same goal. Everything you attempt with your business should be with the same end goal in mind. This consistency will be of comfort to you as you enter into the unknown.
- Understand the fear of success. Many of us do not feel worthy of success, so subconsciously we sabotage our own success. Sound crazy? It’s real and you need to be cognizant of this human element.
- Just do it. Sometimes, it takes doing the very thing we fear to be able to conquer that fear. Once you’ve done it, you’ll find that it almost definitely isn’t scary any more.
We at Viral Solutions are here to guide you through some of the scarier parts of entrepreneurship. Contact us today for more tips about slaying your fears and finding success with your small business.
Copyright 2014 Viral Solutions LLC