You’re an entrepreneur, so you’ve probably got a pretty good idea of just how important it is to be able to solve problems quickly and creatively. However, it never hurts to take a moment to hone your problem-solving skills so that you can be more prepared when the next issue arises.
Here are some of the habits that you’ll find are common in many of the world’s best problem solvers:
- Remaining objective. It’s easy to have a narrow focus when approaching a problem, putting all of your energy into one or two particular methods of solving it. However, the best problem solvers understand that they need to be
objective and look at the entire picture, considering all possible solutions and analyzing a problem as though it’s brand new.
- Understanding all the hurdles. Outstanding problem solvers list out all of the potential obstacles that could get in a way of the solution to their problem, and are prepared to overcome those obstacles as they pursue that solution.
- Using a nonlinear approach. You should be able to reverse engineer a given problem to get a new perspective if you really want to be able to find a good solution. Not all problems can be solved with a strictly linear approach. Getting that new point of view could be the difference maker you need to come up with the right solution.
- Working with other open people. Why not get the help of some other open-minded friends to get more brains on the case? More minds means more perspectives and ways to approach the problem. Make sure that these are open-minded, creative people that don’t tend to revert to the same way of solving a given problem, as they will not hold you back in finding a solution.
- Get creative with your data. If you’ve performed a lot of research relating to your given problem, don’t just get lost in the numbers. The numbers you have in front of you are meant to be a launching pad, not a solution in themselves. They should shed some light on the issues that you face and help you figure out how to approach your solution.
Let us at Viral Solutions help you find your creative spark and solve the problems that you face within your business. Contact us today for more information about how you can get started with our services.