You could have the best website in the world and it wouldn’t matter at all if you weren’t able to get anyone to visit it. Therefore, it’s extremely important that your company does everything it can to work on ways to draw in new inbound traffic to your site from all over the web.
Here are some methods that will help you to accomplish that:
- Social Media Marketing. Nobody has a traffic problem. If you feel like you need traffic, you just need to go to the traffic store! You need to drive traffic from the traffic store to you
quality content. The best traffic store is via social media channels. Post, comment, respond, engage, promote and advertise to drive traffic via social media.
- Search engine optimization. SEO, as we used to know it, is for the most part – dead as a traffic generator. SEO is not to be confused with keyword stuffing, an outdated practice that now gets you punished by Google’s algorithms. It’s the process of doing everything you can to get your site ranked higher on search listings. However, more importantly it is a systematic process that helps others find you. Back-links, the proper use of keywords, promoting your site elsewhere on the web — these are all practices that you should familiarize yourself with. You can also edit your site’s Robots.txt file to control how bots and web crawlers pore over your page to send information back to search engines.
- Content. To be found, to receive hits to your site, you need to be an expert in your field. Content, as in hundreds of quality articles, is how you get found and receive hits and scroll downs from perfect prospective future customers. This is how the internet judges you, determines if you k now your stuff – or not.
- Going local. Create a local business listing on Google if you have a local or regional focus. Not only will this help your search rankings, but it will also give a lot more information about your company right on the search results page, including location, hours, contact information and reviews.
- Social optimization. The kinds of content that you post on your social media pages can have a big impact on how many visitors you get to your website. For example, right now there’s a huge demand for video content by social media users, so leveraging that kind of content in a smart way can be a huge way to increase engagement on your social media platforms and draw people to your website.
- Email marketing. While email marketing can be difficult in the sense that messages don’t always get opened by your recipients, if you allow users to opt in to email newsletters and make sure to open with engaging subject lines and headers you will see much better results.
- SMS marketing. What is better than email marketing? SMS marketing! It is really simple. Just ask yourself how many times per day you check your smart phone. Careful – know the laws of the TCPA first! Lastly, this is not a place to sacrifice quality.
These are just a few ways that you can increase traffic to your website. Are you struggling with any of these areas, or in need of additional information? Work with our team today at Viral Solutions for help.
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer