Looking to bolster your online sales? The good news is, more than ever before, customers want to do their shopping online. It’s up to you to make it easy for them to do exactly that.
Increase Online Sales
Here are a few strategies that can help you increase the amount of business you do online:
- Focus on one goal at a time. Choose one main priority to focus on at once. It could be improving sales conversions, increasing traffic, increasing time spent on certain pages, getting more inquiries or anything else related to your sales. It’s not about you.
- It’s not about you. Your offer, your content, your online processes and your social presence need to be about the needs of your audience. Sad to report, but the online shopper does not
care about you and I. They care about the value you represent and the problem that you can solve. Pull them into you, do not push yourself onto them.
- Tweak your web design. Work with a professional web designer to get your site looking professional and functioning well. It should be easy to use and navigate, and should have an appealing, intuitive design. Links to purchase pages and locations of purchase buttons should always be obvious.
- Determine product / market fit. There may be nothing more important than choosing the correct market, simply because every other part of the process is dependent upon having a group of willing and able buyers. No amount of work or luck will help if you don’t have a willing and able market. Maybe you’ve been told that you can build a profitable business around any topic you are passionate about. Wrong. If there is not a sustainable market for your products and services, all the time you invest in building your business is a complete waste of time
- Check your site across platforms. You should make sure your site works well on all devices. More and more people are using mobile devices as their primary means of browsing the web, so you should have either a mobile version of your site or a web design that is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices.
- Sales without traffic. Nobody has a traffic problem. If your site is not generate traffic, then go to the traffic store and buy it. However, many sites have a problem with their offer and it does not convert. Prospects vote with their money. To gain votes, you need to have an offer that matches the need your audience has in the language they understand, that solves a problem they cannot fix without you.
- Customer Value Optimization. When you’re learning new tactics like Twitter, Google Analytics or Facebook Advertising you’ll need to constantly remind yourself of the CVO process. Otherwise, you’re wasting time and money. There is little profit in understanding, for example, Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising or Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in and of itself. There is enormous profit in understanding how to apply these traffic strategies to the CVO process.
- Make sure site speeds stay quick. If it takes too long to load your website, you run the risk of having your customers navigate away from your website. You have a very limited amount of
time to keep the attention of your web users, and loading speeds are something you can definitely control.
- Maximize profits on sales you do generate. Most businesses don’t have Tripwire Offers and they don’t have Profit Maximizers. They live and die selling cold prospects on their Core Offer. This is why they struggle and you won’t. Would it shock you to find out that McDonald’s makes almost no money on the hamburger. The hamburger is the Core Offer, but it’s the fry and Coke Profit Maximizer that built the Golden Arches. What could you be offering as an up-sell or cross-sell? What could you bundle with your Core Offer? How can you enhance your Core Offer through a club or membership site?
- Make the order process easy. There are simple steps you can take to make the order process far easier on customers. Give them the option to save their purchase information so they don’t have to fill everything out again on repeat visits. Try to limit the amount of information they have to provide so they don’t have to spend so much time filling out data fields. Limit the amount of pages your customers have to click through to complete a purchase. Steps like this go a long way toward improving online sales.
- Don’t forget your SEO. Create great content of all forms, and make sure you’re optimizing for local searches if you are a local or regional company.
- Be everywhere. Your core offer and the splintered trip wire that feeds it, should be seen everywhere. Your audience should see your brand on all social channels, in emails, in text messages and offline at live events and sponsorships that support non-profits and schools. Three-hundred and sixty degree marketing.
Need more assistance improving your online sales? Let our team at Viral Solutions assist you! Get in touch today for more information about how we can help your company.
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer