Business has come a long way since the days of the door-to-door salesman. It’s a much more complicated field now, with a wide variety of channels through which sales can be made. Now, more businesses than ever before are relying heavily on online sales, which means trying to figure out ways to convert clicks into sales.
It’s not just enough that you have a lot of people visiting your website. You need to be able to take advantage of that traffic and drive more people to take action and make purchases.
Here are some tips that could help you turn clicks into revenue:
- Offer a wide variety of payment options. The more options you have available, the more people you’ll be able to serve. Take as many forms of credit cards as possible, and be sure that you allow your users to pay with PayPal as well. However, great payment options are only those that your customer loves, trusts and that your system can process and execute with ease.
- Make your website easy to navigate. Anyone who visits your site should instantly be able to determine where they need to browse to make a purchase. Every second is key here. When you speak with your web designer about creating your website, make sure that finding the sales portal is the top priority. Websites that are difficult to navigate are frustrating to web users, which means they won’t linger for very long on your site.
- Improve load times. The longer a website takes to load, the less likely a person will want to sit around and wait for it, which means fewer sales conversions. If you’ve got a ton of animation or high-end design features on your site, consider toning it down to make it easier on users with a slower connection.
- Keep an eye on reviews. You may be able to glean some information about what stopped people from making a purchase on your website, which will help you to improve for future customers. Establish an internal policy on just where these reviews are to be maintained and populated. On social media only? On your site?
- Branch out across the web. You can make conversions outside of your website as well by using social media and other outreach tools. The more ways you can get people back to your website the better.
- Be grateful. Make sure that you follow up with all customers that make purchases online by thanking them for their order, and perhaps sending them a discount code for their next purchase. This will make them much more likely to come back.
Follow these tips and you’ll be off to a good start in creating more conversions through your website!
Copyright 2014 Viral Solutions LLC