If you are in the business of mentoring or counseling other individuals or organizations, whether it’s for marketing, IT or otherwise, you might have occasional issues with keeping your clients accountable. It’s a common issue for professionals in these fields—it can be a challenge to keep clients engaged in between your sessions with them. It’s also a very understandable issue, as it’s extremely easy to get caught up in the busyness of everyday life and the routine of the work day.
However, if your clients aren’t staying engaged between sessions or following the steps you’ve laid out for them, they aren’t going to find success, which means they’ll wind up being unhappy with your services. Keeping them engaged and accountable is key to keeping your clients happy.
Here are some tips for how you can do exactly that:
- Stay available constantly. Your clients will appreciate being able to come to you with their needs whenever an issue arises. Make sure that you are responsive and focused on what their issue is when they do reach out.
- Check in every now and then. Monitor the progress of your clients by reaching out every so often and checking in. Don’t feel like you need to do this too much, as you don’t want your clients to feel like you’re breathing down their shoulders. However, periodically giving them a call or shooting them an email to check their progress can help you to keep them from falling off track.
- Give as much encouragement as you can. Celebrate milestones or achievements and give positive reinforcement whenever possible. People appreciate being told they’re doing a good job, so celebrate the little milestones that come up and keep their morale high. That positive reinforcement will go a long way toward keeping them engaged.
- Make sure you’re not overtaxing your clients. Any completion or due dates you set for certain tasks should be reasonable and attainable with the understanding that your clients lead busy lives. You don’t want to give them too many “to-dos” or set completion dates at small, quick intervals.
- Keep them organized. Make sure your clients are keeping track of all of their various action items and that they’re recording everything they do.
Need more tips on keeping your clients accountable? Work with us today at Viral Solutions and we’ll be happy to provide you with more insight.