The quality (or mere presence) of your product images could be the tipping point in your online sales success. If you have poor-quality photos, you can’t expect to maximize your sales potential, as your photos give your customers an idea of what they can expect out of your product.
Here are just a few factors that go into creating great product images on your site:
- The quality of your images: First and foremost, you should never use a file that has been overly compressed, is blurry, or is poorly lit. All photos should be crisp, high-resolution images with good lighting. Gone are the days of having to worry about large images throttling load times—just about everyone in the United States has access to broadband internet now, which means images will load quickly. There’s no excuse for poor-quality photos.
- Ability to zoom: Some people want to get a closer look at certain products. They might wonder what the stitching or seams look like on a pair of pants. They might want to get a better idea of the texture of an item. Whatever the case, you should give your customers the ability to zoom in on the photo to view it in greater detail. This feature should be as convenient as possible. This can help you to get more traction in your online sales, as it could inspire more purchase decisions.
- Show all options: It can be very frustrating for customers to see there are multiple options for a product, but only one is pictured. For example, if you have a shirt that comes in black, white, gray and blue, you should show all four examples, and not just leave three of the four up to their imagination.
- Show multiple angles: For certain types of products, you are going to want to give your customer a view from multiple angles. You can either take several different photos and post them all, or you can use a feature to allow your customers to rotate the product 360 degrees to get the angle they desire.
- Make sure the mood is right: Bright, well-lit pictures set a much better mood for just about any type of product than dark, dull, dingy photos. Any product will look friendlier and more positive when placed in the appropriate lighting.
For more tips about improving your website’s product images, contact us today at Viral Solutions.
Copyright 2016 Viral Solutions LLC
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.