Find Success by Constantly Reinventing Yourself
A new study by SAP shows that one of the biggest concerns of employees everywhere is becoming obsolete or having their position somehow changed. Whether you’re the owner of a small business or an employee at a large corporation, it’s important that you are flexible and have the ability to consistently reinvent yourself to avoid becoming obsolete.
Here are some ways that you can prepare yourself to accomplish this:
- Stay up to date with industry news. Read everything that you can get your hands on. You’ll find plenty of useful content on social media sites and industry blogs that will help you to stay up to date with what’s happening within your market. It will help you to realize what it is you need to learn and how you can stay on the cutting edge in your field.
- Connect with experts in your field. Whether it’s through email, networking sessions or face-to-face meetings, it can be extremely helpful to speak to someone who’s considered to be a “guru” in your industry. Their insights can give you a good idea of what you need to know to stay ahead and avoid obsolescence.
- Attend conferences. Conferences are a great for a couple reasons—they’re constantly providing information and resources with a forward-thinking mindset, and they’re a fantastic opportunity to meet like-minded people within your industry who can challenge you and keep you flexible and prepared for the changes in your field and position that lie ahead.
- Take a class or two. Whether you simply need a refresher on a topic or need to learn a new skill to stay viable in your role, it can be extremely helpful to take a course and sharpen your skills. What do you know about Google Adwords or HTML 5, for example?
- Learn to look at and analyze the “big picture.” One of the best ways to prepare for future changes in your field and your position is to be able to analyze the direction that your field is going. By stepping back and looking at the big picture, you’ll be able to better predict what skills you need to have so that you can obtain them before you become obsolete.
These are just a few tips to help you continue to thrive in your role long into the future. Speak to Viral Solutions today about more tips for constant reinvention.
Copyright 2014 Viral Solutions LLC