“You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” It’s said so often that it’s almost become a cliché. But from a business perspective, this phrase is something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you truly believe that you’re sunk if you make a bad first impression and you give up after that, you could be missing out on a chance to win new customers and improve your business in the process.
The truth is, you do get a second chance to make a first impression; it happens every single time you interact with a new customer, both in person and online. The great thing is that you are constantly making first impressions in the business world, so you have to see every new one as a brand new opportunity to showcase the best aspects of your organization.
In today’s world, first impressions for businesses are overwhelmingly made online. This means that you need to thoroughly review your website to make sure that it is conducive to making a good first impression.
Here are a few tips that you should consider as you re-work your website to make a stronger first impression with web users:
- Make sure links are active. Nothing’s more frustrating for web users than to click a link and find that it is broken and leads to an error message.
- Check your spelling and grammar. Poor grammar or misspelled words is a sign of carelessness, and the last thing you want is to be seen as a careless organization.
- Prominently display contact information. You want people to know where they can contact you in case they have any questions about your products or services.
- Get social. Make sure your website features prominent links to your social media pages. If you don’t have social media pages, then now’s the time to sign up for them.
- Keep your blog updated. Blogs are extremely useful tools, but it’s better to have no blog at all than to have one that hasn’t been updated in months. An updated blog shows that you have your finger on the pulse of your industry and keep current with all of the latest news.
- Revisit your design. Do you have an eye-appealing website that is easy to navigate? If not, then you’ll need to rework your design so it is more user-friendly and inviting.
If you have any further questions about making a good first impression with your business, contact us today at Viral Solutions and we will be pleased to speak with you.
Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer | Viral Solutions LLC