Today’s world is dominated by mobile devices. People are constantly connected through the internet and text messaging, which makes it an extremely powerful marketing platform.
So what are some of the biggest reasons that your company should consider giving SMS marketing a shot? Consider the following:
• It allows your customers to opt in. Rather than spamming your message out into the void, hoping that at least some people out of the thousands that receive your message will actually pay attention to it, SMS advertising allows you to create an opt-in system for your customers. Your targets must actually sign up to receive notifications about deals and promotions. This means that the people that are going to receive your message are the ones who are already the most interested in it, meaning that you have a much better chance of seeing conversions.
• Your message is almost guaranteed to be seen. Numerous studies have shown that the vast majority of text messages are read within the first two minutes after receipt. People can easily tune out email marketing messages, but texts automatically pop up on a phone and will be read almost as soon as they are delivered.
• It’s quick and easy. Because your messages that you send out through SMS are so short, your customers are much more likely to read the entire message than they would in a full email or
direct mail piece. If you are short on time, it takes no more than a few seconds to type out a message to send to your interested customers and takes much less planning of the message.
• It’s inexpensive. Depending on the kind of package you get, you have the ability to easily control the amount of service you get for low prices, making it a great option for businesses with a strict advertising budget.
• It presents opportunities for interaction. Using SMS marketing promotions as parts of polls or questionnaires gives your customers a new way to interact with your brand and voice their opinion. You can also create a toll-free reply option for customers to text back to your company.
- Marketing automation. From simple timed text message campaigns to highly advanced automated mobile campaigns that trigger internal staff actions or external application events, it can do it all with ease of a campaign builder dashboard in many systems. You can track engagement. From intelligent mobile web pages that track all page actions, button click events, video views and so much more.
- Integration with current services and systems. With tight integration to Infusionsoft, you can run your mobile SMS campaigns directly from Infusionsoft campaign builder. An HTTP Post service enables you to connect with other CRM and Marketing Systems so your mobile contacts, leads and information are right there in the one marketing system you use most.
- Rich professional pages like the big brands. Rich content mobile marketing is no longer out of reach for small business owners and marketers. Today’s systems can easily and quickly create awesome mobile web pages for your text messaging campaigns and even use these for your social media adverting and other offline lead generation activities.
Need any more reasons why you should give SMS marketing a try?
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer