Most people are very visual by nature. As the cliché goes, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” So why not place an emphasis on visual media when engaging in digital marketing?
A good picture can draw a lot of attention when you share it on social media pages because it is easily noticed in followers’ news-feeds and contains information that can be digested much quicker than a standard text post.
Brands that properly use images in their social media marketing will find they get a lot more engagement out of posts containing them.
That’s not to say you should share every image you find on the web. Remember: you still have a brand image to uphold, so you need to make sure the image aligns with the vision you want your followers to have of your company.
Additionally, you should make sure images you share have the following qualities:
• New. If you’re creating an info-graphic, for example, make sure it tells people something new. By now, everyone knows the basics of SEO and link building. You should also refrain from sharing pictures or memes that have already made their rounds across the internet.
• Relevant. Again, you want to make sure any content you share is relevant to your company and what your target audience might be interested in.
• Emotional value. Images you share could be funny, sad, uplifting or meant to incite anger (to an extent). You want your followers to feel something when they look at images you share.
• Interesting. People should actually be interested in looking at the content you share. It could be helpful, contain new research or opinions or simply depict something really cool. Just think to yourself, “would I actually care about this image?”
• High quality. This is especially important for original images. If you’re creating some sort of info-graphic, make sure it’s been done professionally. The last thing you want is a graph that looks like it was made in MS Paint.
Need more tips about using visual content in your social media marketing? Contact our team at Viral Solutions today!
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC