Have you been wondering why your mobile marketing strategy isn’t producing the results you were hoping for? There could be any number of reasons, but chances are you are guilty of one of the most common mobile marketing mistakes that infect small businesses.
Here are a few of those most common mistakes. Do any of these sound familiar?
• Failure to build a site or app specifically optimized for mobile. Companies that are serious about mobile marketing (which you should be) need to have a site specially designed for mobile users. People simply don’t have the patience for mobile sites that function poorly, where they need to constantly zoom and scroll to be able to read the text or click the links. Studies have shown that shoppers are 46 percent less likely to keep shopping around if they’re using a company’s mobile app or website.
• Not optimizing for tablets. Don’t just focus on smart phones! There are plenty of tablet users that you need to cater to as well. Make sure that all of your mobile website looks good and functions well on tablets of all sizes. There’s a projected growth rate of 54 percent in tablet users in the coming years, so don’t leave them out in the cold!
• Poor calls to action. Users have a specific task in mind when they’re searching a mobile website. Make it easy for them to get what they’re looking for by using easily located call-to-action buttons (purchase, schedule appointment, contact us, etc.).
• Not offering autofill. Mobile users get really annoyed when they constantly have to punch in all of their contact information when making purchases. Therefore, you should offer options for autofill. Not only will it reduce the amount of time that your users will need to spend on filling out forms, but it will keep them sane and make them more likely to return.
• Too much content. Content is great for regular websites, but remember that mobile screens are smaller and scrolling isn’t as easy. Therefore, keep it simple on your mobile site.
Are you guilty of any of these mobile marketing mistakes? If so, reach out to our team at Viral Solutions to learn more about how you can amp up your brand’s mobile presence.
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC