Glassdoor for Employers recently conducted a study about recruiting and hiring practices by HR and talent acquisition professionals. It revealed a lot of interesting hiring statistics that you may find interesting.
Here are a few that jumped out to me:
• 79 percent of all people looking for a job use social media to help them find work, including 86 percent of younger workers in the first 10 years of their careers. This shows the importance of a social media presence, especially LinkedIn, for hiring new employees.
• However, nearly two thirds of employees say their employer does not understand how to use social media to promote their job openings, or simply does not use social media for those purposes at all.
• The three things that matter most to young workers are, in order, opportunities for growth, retirement benefits and work culture. Additionally, 64 percent of Millennials would rather have a job they liked that paid $40,000 a year than a boring job that paid $100,000 a year.
• 69 percent of job seekers would not consider applying for a company with a bad reputation, even if they were unemployed. This illustrates the importance of creating a strong company culture and giving outstanding service and products to customers at all times.
• Approximately half of all job seekers use a mobile device specifically for the purposes of job seeking at least once a day.
• 67 percent of job seekers say a diverse workforce is an important factor to them in a potential employer.
• 94 percent of job seekers are likely to apply for a position if the employer “actively manages” its online brand. This means responding to company reviews, regularly updating all online profiles, sharing updates on the environment and culture of its workplace and more. This shows how incredibly important an online presence is for today’s companies.
• 96 percent of all job seekers say they would like to work for companies that embrace transparency.
Which of these statistics is the most surprising or interesting to you? Do any of these shed some light on your own hiring practices?
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC