Segmentation: One of the Primary Benefits of Mobile Marketing Automation
Effective marketing is targeted marketing—there’s no getting around it. You have to be able to understand which members of your audience are motivated by which types of messages your company sends out.
This is one of the biggest powers of mobile marketing automation. By developing a quality MMA campaign, you are more easily able to divide your users into different groups based on a variety of factors in a process called segmentation.
Through segmentation, you are able to target messages for your audiences take into account factors such as:
• Demographics. Naturally, demographics like age, gender, location and more are the basis of most marketing campaigns. Segmenting users by demographic is therefore one of the first
steps of mobile marketing automation.
• Device and operating system. While this information isn’t particularly useful if it’s the only information you have, it’s of great use when put into context with everything else. You need this information to deliver campaigns that are exactly right for your target audience.
• Events. For the purposes of mobile marketing automation, an event is any kind of user behavior that you wish to track in your campaign. This could include purchases, emails opened, page clicks, button clicks and basically anything else you can possibly measure. You can also filter your events based on such factors as frequency and recency. This is absolutely huge for your campaign.
• User status. A user’s status changes over time based on his or her interactions with your app. Status helps you to identify users who spend at least 30 minutes on the app, or only a few. You will also be able to identify users who spend a certain amount of money through your app.
• Previous interactions. It helps to know what types of interactions users take through your app so you know what sorts of interactions they are more likely to perform in the future. When they open messages or click on certain items, it gives you more information about their habits.
For more information about how segmentation works and how important it is in mobile marketing automation, contact Viral Solutions today.
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.