Remember a few years ago when one of the top “digital marketing trends” was the rise in mobile web use? Mobile has quickly shifted from a way to give your company an edge over the competition to an absolute must-have portion of your advertising campaign if you hope to keep up in a constantly evolving digital landscape.
Here are just a few of the reasons why mobile marketing is a must in today’s marketing world:
- Google’s algorithms push mobile: Google has changed its search algorithms so websites that have mobile versions and perform SEO for mobile users have a leg up over those that don’t. As time goes on, the penalties for non-mobile sites are getting even more severe.
- Mobile is now king: For the first time ever, more people are using mobile devices for the majority of their web searches than desktops or laptops. This trend is expected to continue to grow as smartphones become more ubiquitous and the technology continues to evolve.
- Social media has boosted the power of mobile marketing: Social media apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have built in new mobile ad platforms into their interfaces. Purchasing ad space on these apps is extremely simple. Considering many millions of people use these apps every single day, there’s a tremendous chance to increase your audience.
- It’s a chance to use multiple channels: Your mobile marketing strategies can build on the digital marketing tactics you’ve already begun using for desktop users. This gives you the ability to reach users on multiple platforms through a variety of channels. Having this sort of variance in your marketing is an extremely powerful thing.
- There are more options for personalization: People carry their mobile devices with them at all times and use them for far more tasks than just browsing the web. As a result, brands have a unique chance to learn more about their customers that they don’t get from desktop users. You can take what you learn about your customers and use it to customize your marketing campaigns so they speak directly to your audience.
If you haven’t gotten started with mobile marketing yet, there’s no better time than the present. Contact us today at Viral Solutions for more tips about how to get started.
Copyright 2016 Viral Solutions LLC
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.