It’s one thing to finally get your business on Facebook, it’s another to start interacting with your community. After all, if Facebook is new to you, you may not know where to start. Use the tips below to get started.
1. Post photos of your business. Your customers will enjoy seeing what goes on behind the scenes. You can also post photos of your products, employees, or customers enjoying themselves. However, if you do use images of real people, make sure to get permission in the form of a model release.
2. Ask a question. This gives your fans the opportunity to speak their minds, show their expertise, or have a little fun. You can also ask for feedback about an upcoming product you’re considering adding to your product line.
3. Hold a contest. Facebook contests are a fun way to grow your community and get people involved with your brand. You’ll need to follow Facebook’s promotional guidelines or use a third-party solution to host a contest. A great example of a Facebook contest is a photo contest. For example, if you run a pet grooming business, you could have a cutest pet photo contest. Each contestant would need to submit photos of their pets and then share their entries on social media in order to get the most votes. A contest like this where contestants must share their photos is a great way to get your business in front of other Facebook users. Those users may even “like” your page after seeing their friends’ entries.
4. Respond to messages and comments. Make sure that you have your Facebook notifications set up to alert you whenever a comment or message is posted to your page. This allows you to respond as quickly as possible.
5. Hold an event. You can use Facebook events in conjunction with real events at your business. For example, if you’re holding a special sidewalk sale, why not create an event in Facebook and invite your fans?
6. Encourage fans to share, like, or comment on your content. The more users interact with your Facebook account, the more likely it is that your content will appear in their news feeds. Thus, you’ll want to share content that is worthy of clicking the thumbs-up icon, making a comment, or sharing with others. Photos, videos, and cartoons often prompt others to share or like. You can also prompt users to like something by adding a phrase such as, “Click like if you agree.” Getting comments can be as simple as asking a question such as “What do you think?”
7. Comment on related pages. You can follow other business pages on Facebook as well as post comments as your business page. When you do so, your business page’s name and profile appear. This is a good way to interact with others and potentially direct them back to your own Facebook page. For example, if you belong to your city’s chamber of commerce, get involved in conversations taking place on its Facebook page. Others will take notice, and some will be curious enough to click through to your page. Some may even be prospective customers.
These are just a few ways that you can start interacting with others on Facebook once you’ve set up a business page on Facebook. Have fun!