One of the biggest parts of outstanding customer service is taking the time to deliver truly personal service. Every one of your clients should always feel like they are the most important client you have, whether they are big or small.
But how can you accomplish this? Here are a few tips about how you can make your clients feel important:
- Always have pleasant conversations. Whenever someone calls in to your company, the person who answers your phone should be pleasant, attentive and courteous. The same goes for email conversations. Your client or customer should always feel welcome and comfortable, and should never feel rushed.
- When meeting face-to-face, have comfortable reception areas. Whenever a client comes in for a face-to-face meeting, you want them to be as comfortable as possible. Have comfortable seats, plenty of magazines (that are neatly arranged and up to date), and offer refreshments if possible (water, coffee, soda). The meeting area should be comfortable as well.
- Always keep your client at ease. Don’t feel like you have to be overly buttoned up when meeting with your clients. You can still be professional while having an informal tone, and that tone is likely to help your client to feel at ease and open up. It instantly builds a sense of trust in you and your organization.
- Practice good communication skills. Listen attentively; don’t just wait to speak. Acknowledge that you have heard and understand your client’s questions or concerns, and repeat them to show them you understand. If you need anything clarified, feel free to ask questions of your client rather than guessing at their meaning.
- Go above and beyond expectations. When a client has a problem, don’t just solve the problem; prevent it from happening again. You should also be liberal in sending thank you notes, greeting cards, birthday notes, holiday gifts and anything else that you feel will help your clients to feel like they are important to you.
- Give special discounts. If you have a client or customer who has been with you for a long time, don’t be afraid to show them how much their patronage means to you. Offer special deals or discounts that are unique to them.
Looking for more tips about how you can make every customer feel like they are your most important one? Contact us at Viral Solutions and we’ll be happy to give you some more pointers!
Christine Kelly | Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC