Easy Ways to Improve Your Web Design
While SEO and quality content are important tools to managing an effective website, if you can’t get a user to sit on your site long enough to see what you have to offer, they may not matter much.
Aesthetics are important! We have outlined some tips for that high-conversion, low-bounce rate your web design can put into practice.
1. Keep it simple. Less is more, particularly in terms of web design. An excess of graphics can distract a visitor from what they came to your site for in the first place. In the same vein, make sure your copy is concise. Paragraph stacked upon paragraph clutters your site, making it less likely that a user will wade through it for the information they want.
2. Master the art of white space. If there isn’t enough white space between images and words, you strangle the efficacy of your site. It is much easier for a user to ingest words and pictures when there is a good amount of space to breathe between them.
3. Show yourself. Your logo should be clean, crisp and concise. Always place it in the upper-left hand corner of your screen, and make sure it links back to your home page, so that your site is easy to navigate. Never use a poor-quality resolution of your logo. Nothing looks less professional than a grainy logo atop an otherwise clean site.
4. Just say no to Comic Sans. This is a jest, but truly, your font choice is important. Keep in mind that your site will be viewed on many different platforms and devices, so a font that looks great on your desktop monitor may not look as great on a mobile device. Speaking of mobile: make sure your site is responsive! A responsive design fits itself to the device a site is being viewed on — whether it is a tablet, phone, laptop, or PC.
5. It pays to stand out. Professional photographs can have a tremendous effect on a visitor’s impression of your site. Good photos create a polished aesthetic for your company, which creates a greater likelihood that a viewer will connect and engage with your brand. Adding a human element to your photos can go a long way towards that all-important conversion rate.
Contact us today at Viral Solutions to learn how you can improve your web design.
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.