Benefits of a Live Chat Feature on Your Website
More small businesses are starting to use live chat features on their website to provide additional levels of customer service to everyone who visits their website. But how exactly does having a live chat feature help you to deliver better service to your customers?
Here are some of the biggest benefits of live chat technology on company websites:
- It’s convenient. Customers are able to have their questions or issues taken care of in real time through a live chat. In fact, 44 percent of online customers indicate that being able to instantly have their questions answered through live chat is one of the most important website features you can have. On the business side, you get instant feedback from customers if they are facing any type of problem.
- It’s inexpensive. Live chat representatives are able to handle multiple chats at the same time, which allows you to save money in that regard, all while lowering the wait time that people would typically have for service with a phone call. It also has the chance to increase the value of your orders, because you can instantly assuage any of the worries of your customers through the live chat feature.
- It could give you a competitive advantage. Lots of small- and medium-sized businesses have been slow to adapt real-time chat features, believing they’re only important for large companies. However, adding it to your website could give you a chance to forge a closer connection with your customers, so long as you use “human” (not canned) responses.
- It leads to increased conversions. There are several studies that have shown live chat features to bring a 20 percent conversion rate hike.
- It builds relationships. Customers that use live chat features tend to come back more often than ones that don’t. This has a lot to do with the ability to instantly speak to an actual person from your company.
Consider adding a live chat feature to your website. Talk to us at Viral Solutions for more information about its benefits and to get started today.
by Christine Kelly
CEO and Queen Bee | Viral Solutions LLC