Despite many people predicting the demise of QR codes over the past several years, they have stuck around as a viable option for companies looking to beef up their mobile marketing campaigns. These codes, which sort of resemble square bar codes, are scanned with special QR code-reading apps on mobile devices to instantly take the user to a landing page or app.
Since they debuted several years ago, companies have made all different kinds of uses for these codes. Some use them to promote sales, others use them as a way to get users to their websites to learn more about their products, and others still use them as a way to create more engagement with their apps and social media platforms.
There are several big advantages of the QR code from which your business could benefit:
• Storage. You can store approximately a hundred times more information on a QR code than your standard horizontal barcode.
• Ease of use relative to other codes. While barcodes have to be scanned from a specific direction, QR codes can be scanned in any direction around 360 degrees. They’re easy for your device to read, and background interference typically isn’t an issue.
• Engagement. The code’s appearance is quite unique, so when a customer sees one they know exactly what it is and what to do with it. All it takes is a quick scan for them to see what’s on the other end of the code.
• Availability. Anyone with a smartphone can download a QR code reader for free. Therefore, just about anyone who walks into your business can scan QR codes you generated and access special deals, surveys or other information.
• Free. Not only are QR code readers usually free, but so are QR code generators. Download your codes and print them off on to fliers, menus, posters, billboards or any other form of print advertising you use in or out of your store.
If you desire a customized solution using QR Codes, look no further than the leader at NeoMedia. Mobile marketing solutions from NeoMedia put your business in front of customers on the devices they use the most – their smartphones. With high engagement tools like NeoSphere and QodeScan, users can read and interact with QR codes and barcodes, opening new pathways onto which customers can be reached. Promote your goods or services with NeoMedia’s mobile marketing solutions and provide customers with up to date, customized product information. If you’re looking for assistance in developing a strategy for using QR codes with your business, contact the team at Viral Solutions today.
Copyright 2015 Viral Solutions LLC
by Thomas von Ahn | Chief Elephant Slayer
Viral Solutions LLC is a Digital Marketer Certified Partner and an Infusionsoft Certified Consultant.
We help overwhelmed small business owners duplicate themselves – so business can be fun again.